Our Studio Policies
- Masks will be optional for students and staff for the 2021-2022 season.
- Masking policies will be evaluated throughout the season and changes will be communicated via email.
- Students experiencing symptoms should not attend class. Please follow CDC guidelines on when a student should return to class.
- The water fountain has reopened, however students are still encouraged to bring a water bottle to class.
- There are two payment options for tuition. Please see the tuition schedule for details.
Invoices will NOT be mailed. If you choose the 4 payment option, statements will be emailed two weeks in advance of the payment due date. Please make sure that you have a valid email address on file.
- Tuition over two weeks late will result in the suspension of the student until tuition is received.
- Payments may be mailed to the Webster Ave address or dropped at the studio. There is a white drop box on the studio porch where you may place your payment. If you are inside the studio, please give your payment in an envelope to an instructor. Make sure your payment is labeled with the student’s name and the purpose of the payment so your account can be updated properly
- Tuition is non-refundable, and non-transferable. There are no refunds for missed classes or dropping during the session.
- Discounts are available for families with more than one student, or for a student taking multiple classes. See the tuition schedule for details.
- Fundraising opportunites may be available. These can help defray some of the cost.
- Primary communications will be done via email. Please be sure to list a valid email address on your registration form. If your email address changes during the season, it is your responsibility to contact the studio and let us know of the change. We will make every effort to keep our families informed.
- Attendance is very important for both the development of your dancer and the continuity of the class. If a student must miss a class due to illness or other conflict, please contact the studio and let us know.
Class Levels and Placement
- Proper dance attire is very important for the growth of our dance students. Students who are not in proper dance
attire, including hair and footwear, may be asked to sit out of class.
- For all classes: Hair should be pulled back securely so that it is out of the dancer’s face, all hair should be up (no
- For ballet classes: Hair should be pulled back in a bun
- Please click here to see a detailed attire policy
Costumes and recital
- Decisions about class levels are made at the discretion of the instructors
- Class levels are decided mainly by age and ability. If you have a question or concern about the class or class level you are assigned, please ask your instructor. We would be happy to help you understand our decisions. Not only is being at the wrong level difficult for the dancer in question, it is also not fair to their classmates.
- Transfers may be made due to level adjustments or time conflicts, but must be cleared by the instructors before the changes are made.
- New students should contact the studio for assistance in determining class levels.
- Costumes for our annual recital are priced from appoximately $40 and up.
- Costume measurement forms will be collected no later than November 6. Parent/guardian is responsible for taking their dancer's measurements. A parent of a minor student MUST sign the measurement form. A costume deposit of $40 is due with the measurement form.
- Costume fees will be billed November 29, with payment due no later than December 18.
- Costumes, for your dancer, will not be ordered unless payment has been received in full. There are no refunds on costume charges.
- If a costume need to be ordered late, due to late payments, the dancer is responsible for any additional shipping cost
- There is a $15 restocking fee for any costumes returned for size exchanges.
- Tuition and costume fees must be current in order to participate in the recital.
Additional Studio Policies
- We will not be holding observation weeks this season. If at any point in our season we feel that it is safe to reinstate observation weeks, we will communicate the schedule with our studio families via email.
Policy information listed on the website is for reference. The Registration Packet has additional information and policies
- Inclement weather: If the Green Bay Public Schools are closed or dismissed early due to weather emergencies, classes will be cancelled and an email will be sent to the addresses on file as well as posted to the studio facebook page. If conditions are poo, PLEASE use your own judgment whether to send your student to class.
- Personal Conduct: Shirley Van’s dancers and families are expected to behave in a respectful manner towards the studio
facilities, instructors, as well as other dancers and dance families. Bullying or harassment of any type (in person or online) will not be tolerated. This includes towards dancers, parents, or the studio and staff. No food, gum, or drink is allowed in the studio. Water bottles with lids are allowed. Absolutely no cell phone use during class time. No street shoes are allowed on the dance floors. No smoking on the premises – this includes the parking lot. No one under the influence of drugs or alcohol is allowed in the buildings. Please show respect for your instructors, fellow dancers, yourself, and for the studio property. If a student or parent acts in a manner that creates an unsafe learning environment, the student will be dismissed immediately. No refund will be given if a student or their family is asked to leave class or the studio due to misconduct. Shirley Van’s Dance Studio reserves the right to ask a student/family to leave the Studio for failure to follow the Studio Policies.